I've been wanting a "spiral slicer" for some time now, and yesterday I finally bought one. So far I've made spiral beets, carrots, and zucchini. I'll be experimenting with some other root veggies too. It is a fun way to spice up salads and I'm looking forward to making some raw "noodle" dishes with zucchini. I'm a big fan of tahini dressing and here's one of my favorite dressings I've been making a lot recently.
- ¼ cup tahini (raw tahini if you can find it - the flavor is bolder!)
- ¼ cup brown rice vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 3-4 Tablespoons water
- 1-2 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- salt to taste
- In a jar or mixing cup, add the tahini and vinegar and stir until well combined.
- Add the water, orange juice concentrate, and salt, and stir until smooth. Add a little more water for a thinner dressing.
Yields: about ½ cup