It's fun and easy to make homemade, nutritious pizzas with everyone's favorite toppings. The kids love designing their own little masterpizzas! We like using whole-grain English muffins as our pizza crust, but feel free to use any crust you like. You can top your pizza with a store-bought non-dairy cheese, or you can whip up a batch of Nacho Cheese and pour it on.
- 6 English muffins or bagels
- 1 cup marinara or pasta sauce
- 10 oz extra firm tofu
- Non-dairy cheese (we like Chao by Field Roast)
- Mushrooms, vegan sausage, or other toppings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice English muffins or bagels in half and place on baking sheet.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of sauce on each muffin.
- Grate tofu and sprinkle on muffins.
- Place non-dairy cheese on muffins (slicing or grating first if needed).
- Add mushrooms, sliced vegan sausage, or other toppings as desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Yields: about 6 servings