We like to drizzle this sauce on top of just about everything! For lunch we poured it on top of tortilla chips, brown rice, pinto beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado.
- 1 cup raw cashews (or navy beans*)
- 1 medium-sized raw carrot (chopped)
- 1 cup water
- ½ medium-sized red bell pepper (chopped)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon-style or stone-ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to blend smoothly.
- Transfer blended mixture to a pot and bring to slow simmer over medium heat stirring occasionally.
*You can replace half or all of the nuts with cooked white beans (i.e. navy, cannellini, etc.)
Yields: about 2 cups