Nachos with Cheese Sauce
I like to drizzle this sauce on top of just about everything. For dinner I poured it on top of organic baked corn chips, brown rice, kidney beans, chopped lettuce, tomatoes and avocado!
- 1 cup raw cashews (or other nuts or white beans*)
- ¾ cup water
- ½ medium-sized red pepper (chopped)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon-style or stone-ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 raw carrot (chopped) (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to blend smoothly.
- Transfer blended mixture to a pot and bring to slow simmer over medium heat stirring occasionally.
*You can replace half or all of the nuts with cooked white beans (i.e. navy, cannellini, etc.)
Yields: about 2 cups