Unbaked Granola Bars
We love snacking on granola bars, especially ones that are quick to make and fruit-sweetened! Feel free to mix up the flavor by adding orange or lemon zest, ginger, or any other add ins you like!
- ½ cup dates (packed)
- ⅓ cup nut butter (almond, peanut, etc)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup coconut shreds
- 2 T chia seeds
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Place first 4 wet ingredients in a food processor (I like to make nut butter in the food processor right before making this recipe!).
- Process until smooth and creamy. You may need to add 2-4 T more water if the mixture is on the dry side.
- Add the remaining 5 dry ingredients and process quickly (15-30 seconds) until everything is incorporated. Some oats will be pulverized, others will be whole.
- On a cutting board, form the mixture into a rectangle and cut into bars, squares, or roll into balls.
- The bars will firm up in the refrigerator. Keep refrigerated and enjoy!