Unbaked Granola Bars
We love snacking on granola bars, especially ones that are quick to make and fruit-sweetened! Feel free to mix up the flavor by adding orange or lemon zest or cocoa powder or any add-ins you like!
- ½ cup dates (packed)
- ⅓ cup nut butter or coconut butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup coconut shreds
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or raisins
- 2 T chia seeds (optional)
- Place the dates, nut butter, water, and vanilla in a food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy. You may need to add 2-4 T more water if the mixture is on the dry side.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and process quickly (15-30 seconds) until everything is incorporated. Some oats will be pulverized, others will be whole.
- On a cutting board, form and flatten the mixture into a rectangle and cut into bars, squares, or roll into balls.
- The bars will firm up in the refrigerator. Keep refrigerated and enjoy!