- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- ¾ cup garbanzo bean flour
- ⅔ cup evaporated cane juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almonds (or other nuts)
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons beets (grated)(optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 12-muffin tin or one 9-inch round (or similar size) cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the first five dry ingredients.
- Pour the almonds into a blender and blend into a coarse flour.
- Add the strawberries, non-dairy milk, vanilla and beets (optional) to the blender, and blend to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until just combined.
- Bake 25-30 minutes (cupcakes) or 40-45 minutes (cake) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Yields: 12 cupcakes or one 9-inch cake