We've been adding more leafy greens to our kids' meals by blending and processing them into smoothies, sauces, and dips. Our little ones love hummus, so why not add a couple cups of greens to their favorite dip!
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach (packed)
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the greens.
- Process for 30 seconds and then scrape down the sides with a spatula. Process again and repeat until hummus is smooth. Add more water if needed.
- Add the spinach and process until it is well combined.
- Add more salt or other seasonings to taste or drizzle with a little olive or flax oil.
Yields: about 2 cups