These cookies are fruit-sweetened and high in fiber, making them a treat for anytime of day! We even had a few for breakfast! We used a piping bag to lightly frost them with a mixture of coconut butter and powdered sugar. We'll be experimenting with other fruit-sweetened frostings that we can pipe with. Happy holidays!
- 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour or brown rice flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup coconut butter (or other nut butter)
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 Tablespoon ginger (fresh)
- Mix first 6 dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend remaining 5 wet ingredients until smooth. This will be very thick in the blender.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ones and mix thoroughly. If batter is too dry, add 2-3 Tablespoons water to the blender to remove remaining wet ingredients.
- Lightly oil two large cookies sheets.
- Make round cookies, or shape with cookie cutters. (If using cookie cutters, lightly flour your cutting board before rolling out dough to avoid cookies from sticking.)
- Bake 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes depending on thickness.