Gingerbread (Rice Flour) Cookies
These cookies are gluten free, high in fiber, low in fat and sugar, making them a treat for anytime of day!
- 3 cups brown rice flour (or oat flour)
- ⅔ cup unrefined cane sugar (or evaporated cane juice)
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup almonds (or walnuts, pecans, cashews, etc.)
- 1 apple
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 Tablespoon ginger (fresh)
- Mix first 7 dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend the almonds into a coarse flour.
- Add remaining 4 ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ones and mix thoroughly. If batter is too dry, add 2-3 Tablespoons water to the blender to remove remaining wet ingredients.
- Lightly oil two large cookies sheets.
- Make round cookies, or shape with cookie cutters. (If using cookie cutters, lightly flour your cutting board before rolling out dough to avoid cookies from sticking.)
- Bake 325 degrees for 25-35 minutes depending on thickness.