Crustless Veggie Quiche
This crustless quiche is made of protein-rich beans and veggies. It's quite different from traditional quiches that are full of fat and cholesterol!
Veggie Quiche ingredients:
- 3 cups chopped veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups navy beans (or other white beans)
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup tahini and lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot (or other thickener)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder and onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper and turmeric
- Combine all ingredients (except veggies) in a food processor or blender (or mash by hand).
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine the bean mixture with the veggies.
- Spoon this mixture into an oiled 9" pie plate or 12-muffin tin.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered, then 45 minutes uncovered. Or, with muffin tins, bake 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and solidify for 30 minutes before serving.
Yields: about 6-8 servings