Cookie Dough Pudding
February 5, 2017
I love sneaking extra beans into my kids' meals and snacks when they least expect them. Did you know that beans are nutritional powerhouses? They are packed with protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium, and much more!
My kids love when I whip up a batch of this protein-rich, date-sweetened pudding for dessert—or breakfast! We dip apple slices or eat it by the spoonful. It's an easy way to incorporate more beans into everyone's diet! Thank you to Chocolate-Covered Katie for inspiring this creation.
- 2 cups navy beans (or other white beans)
- 2/3 cup dates (lightly packed)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or raisins)
- Place all the ingredients except chocolate chips (or raisins) in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy (scraping down the sides as needed). Add more water if needed for smoother texture.
- Spoon the pudding into a bowl and stir in chocolate chips (or raisins).
- Pudding will firm up in the refrigerator.
*For a nut-free version, coconut butter works nicely.
Yields: about 3 cups