Chocolate Unbaked Cookies
These chewy little chocolatey cookies are very quick and easy to make, and they solidify in the fridge in less than a half hour. Or, if you can't wait that long, toss the cookie "dough" on top of your favorite non-dairy ice cream. These cookies are packed with oats and low in fat. One batch lasts two days for us, if we are lucky. Happy munching!
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup nut butter or coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- In a saucepan, combine the first four wet ingredients and heat on low until liquefied. Turn off heat.
- Thoroughly stir in the cocoa powder and salt, then mix in the oats until well combined.
- With wet hands, pack the mixture into small cookies. Wet hands frequently.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes for cookies to solidify. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Yields: lots of little cookies