Chocolate Banana Pops
We love ice cream bars covered with chocolate and nuts! We wanted to make a healthier version (than a store-bought one) that is still an awesome dessert! These banana pops are super easy to make and full of yummy banana goodness. Just make sure your bananas are ripe and you've got some popsicle sticks or skewers on hand.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ¼ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Peel the bananas and cut in half crosswise.
- Insert a popsicle stick or skewer into the flat end of each banana half.
- Place the bananas on a baking sheet or plate and freeze thoroughly (2 hours or so).
- After the bananas are frozen, add the chocolate chips and milk together, and melt in a double boiler, in the microwave, or in a small saucepan on low. Stir thoroughly.
- With a spatula, quickly spread the melted chocolate over a banana and sprinkle chopped nuts on it (optional). The chocolate will firm up right away.
- Repeat with the other bananas.
- Keep the chocolate-dipped bananas in the freezer until they are ready to be eaten.
Yields: 4 banana pops