Chocolate Almond Unbaked Cookies
These cookies are one of my husband's favorites. I made them one afternoon, and I swear I saw half the batch disappear by the very next day. Where could they have gone so quickly? These chewy little chocolatey cookies are very quick and easy to make, and they solidify in the fridge in less than a half hour. Or, if you can't wait that long (i.e. Eric), toss the cookie "dough" on top of your favorite non-dairy ice cream. These cookies are packed with oats and low in sugar and fat. Happy munching!
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- In a saucepan, combine the first four wet ingredients and heat on low until liquefied.
- Thoroughly stir in the cocoa powder and salt, then mix in the oats until well coated.
- With wet hands, pack the mixture into small cookies.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes for cookies to solidify. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Yields: 25 small cookies