Bean Pasta Sauce
We sure love pasta! There are so many different shapes, textures, and whole grain flours to choose from these days! We also love smooth and creamy pasta sauce—no one would ever guess it's packed with beans and sweet potatoes! Sometimes we replace the navy beans with 1 cup of cashews to make an even richer, creamier sauce. It's also fun to steam and finely chop kale or broccoli and mix it in with the pasta.
- 12 oz whole grain pasta (i.e. brown rice, quinoa, corn, etc.)
- 1 small sweet potato (steamed in chunks)
- 12 oz pasta sauce
- 1 cup navy beans (or 15 oz can)
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Chop a small sweet potato (any variety) into similar-sized chunks. Place in a steamer basket and steam until a fork easily pierces the potatoes.
- Blend sweet potatoes, pasta sauce, and navy beans until smooth. Add a little water if needed to allow blender to blend smoothly.
- Mix in with pasta and top with oil (i.e. flax, hemp, or olive), nutritional yeast, or vegan cheese.
Serves: about 4