Banana Split Muffins
These muffins are my kids' favorites because they are full of dried fruit, crunchy nuts, and yummy chocolate chips. They are fruit-sweetened and oil-free. Feel free to add whatever you enjoy in your banana split!
- 1 cup rolled oats (or oat flour)
- 1 cup whole spelt flour (or brown rice flour for GF option)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup nuts (chopped)
- ⅓ cup dried cherries (chopped) or raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cup dates (pitted and packed)
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use silicone muffin cups, or lightly oil a 12-muffin tin, or 2 loaf pans.
- Blend the rolled oats in a blender, or use already prepared flour.
- Mix the flours, chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Place the remaining ingredients in the blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ones.
- Bake 30-35 minutes (muffins) or 45-50 minutes (breads), or until lightly brown on top.
Yields: 12 muffins