Banana Split Cupcakes oh my!
These cupcakes combine oat flour and garbanzo bean flour - two of my favorite flours - and they are completely oil-free (the mashed banana provides nice moisture and flavor). Feel free to add any other chopped dried fruits, nuts or coconut shreds - whatever you enjoy in your banana split!
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour
- ¾ cup garbanzo bean flour
- ⅔ cup evaporated cane juice (or other dry sugar)
- ½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- ½ cup each: almonds and dried cherries (both chopped)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas
- 1 ¾ cups non-dairy milk or water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 12-muffin tin or one 9-inch round (or similar size) cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas and pour in the liquid and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until just combined. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins or cake pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes (cupcakes) or 40-50 minutes (cake) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Yields: 12 cupcakes or one 9-inch cake