July 14, 2014
This date-sweetened protein-rich bread is great for breakfast or anytime of day. An awesome and easy way to get more beans into your diet (without even realizing it)!
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almonds (or other nuts)
- 1 cup dates
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup blueberries (optional) (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 12-muffin tin or two 8.5 x 4.5-inch (or similar size) loaf pans.
- In a bowl, combine the first five dry ingredients.
- In a blender, add the remaining ingredients (except blueberries) and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to blend smoothly.
- Pour the blended ingredients into the dry ones and mix until combined. Add the blueberries and stir again.
- Bake 30-35 minutes (muffins) or 55-60 minutes (breads) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Yields: 12 muffins or 2 loaf breads
View all entries
Sharing our everyday adventures of trying to live healthy, compassionate, and sustainable lives.